Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September 18 (Australian Zoo)

There was a free shuttle from Noosa Heads that took us to the Australian Zoo. This was by far one of the best days I have ever had in Australia. I think it was my dad favorite as well. We were able to see so many exotic animals. We went to a crocodile show where we were able to see a variety of birds, a GIANT snake, elephants and a crocodile. I volunteered to participate in the bird show expecting to have a couple birds land on my arms, when in reality it was just to make us look funny in front of everyone by making us do this little dance.

While at the zoo we were able to feed elephants and kangaroos and pet koalas as they clung to their trees. Most of the animals that were featured in the zoo I had never seen before. My dad loved seeing the crocodiles; we must have walked by the crocodile display three times. We ended the day with the snakes, my least favorite part of the day. After looking at the first one and seeing it was located in the region where I was staying I had to stop. I was freaking myself out and sat down on the bench listening to music to tune out the comments people were making. After a full day of animals we headed back to Varsity apartments for the evening. This also happened to be my roommate, Medoka’s last night.





There were tons of lizards roaming around the Zoo

Checking out the crocodiles


Petting/ feeding the Kangaroos


Me and my parents



Baby Pigs

Dingo

Cassowary- mean bird


Tasmanian Devil

I think this is the Red Panda (something like that)

Feeding the Elephants!




Getting to pet the Koalas!



No comments:

Post a Comment