Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September 15, 16, and 17 (Noosa Heads)

September 15 was pretty much a day full of traveling. We left Fraser Island early that morning. The boat took us to the pier where we caught the bus to the train station. From the train station we caught a bus to the Sheraton Hotel in Noosa Heads. Coincidentally, we stayed at the same hotel where my friend Beck works. By the time we arrived to the hotel it was 4pm and it was no longer beach/ pool weather so we explored the hotel, which was beautiful, even our room was amazing. The room was giant and the beds were so clean and comfortable. We were on the ground level and the sliding glass doors led out to the river. Since we couldn’t go swimming we sat in the stairs by the pool and enjoyed a couple of drinks. That evening we walked through the streets just as the stores were closing so we were only able to make it into a couple. Noosa Heads is a small place so we were able to easily walk the length of the main street and check out what all the restaurants had to offer. That night we had dinner at Montezuma’s, the same place where I went for my birthday. My mom enjoyed the food, where my dad thought it was just alright.

The next day we woke up at all different times planning on meeting at a certain time for breakfast, which was a buffet and turned out to be amazing food with everything you could have imagined. The rest of the day entailed lying by pool and just relaxing. We hadn’t had an opportunity to just sit around and do nothing the whole time my parents had been here and it was so nice. We relaxing there all day until it got too cold. At this point we made our way once more through the town and checked out a couple more of the shops while my dad went back to the room to get ready. My mom and I walked into a couple shops where I found a really pretty dress and got a pair of the popular Australian flip flops, havianas. When we returned to the room my dad was watching this show about popular rib places throughout the United States. Needless to say it made him hungry and hungry for ribs and we ended up finding a restaurant in Noosa that served ribs, which he ended up loving and eating every last bit.

September 17 was another day spent doing nothing besides basking in the sun. While I loved playing in to pool and getting a little color, I was getting antsy just sitting by the pool so I would wander back and forth from the internet and the pool. The evening was once more spent walking around the shops. We walked by a bathing suit shop that had a giant for sale sign outside and we decided to head inside and see what they had to offer. I of course found a really pretty bathing suit that was a steal in terms of Australian prices. While in the shop another woman was there shopping with her toddler daughter. The mother was too busy focusing on clothes and not paying enough attention to her daughter. While the woman was checking out her daughter proceeds to run out of the open door and heading for the street. I immediately chase after her while yelling for her mom; I caught her just before she got to the road. After an eventful shopping trip we found a store that my mom liked and found a shirt to buy. Not ready to head back to the hotel room we walked down to Surf Club for a drink, the Surf Club overlooked the water and was so pretty. Before we had time to order a drink my mom decided she wanted to go back to the store and buy the same shirt in another color because it would match a pair of her pants perfectly. Since it was getting late we walked back to the hotel room and got cleaned up for drinks and dinner that night. My mom wanted to show my dad the Surf Club so we made our way back there for a couple drinks and an appetizer. While looking over the menu my dad decided he wanted some bread so he orders the break roll. Little did he know that it would turn out to be pretty much a hamburger roll. Since he enjoyed the place we had gone to the previous night so much he wanted to return there once more for dinner. Our couple nights in Noosa were lovely just being able to relax. This place was definitely my parent’s favorite.


Noosa Beach



LOVE THEM!




Relaxing by the pool

Before Dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment